Saturday, June 26, 2010

Katrina Kaif face of Barbie

katrina kaif as barbie 001 200x300Mumbai, British-born actress Katrina Kaif, whose face will now adorn Barbie dolls, says contrary to what people believe her Barbie is not an Indian counterpart of the international brand. She also feels that in many ways it’s an endorsement of how kids connect with her.

“I’d call it a fun honour. To have your face on dolls that you’ve played with from childhood is quite flattering. We’ve been in negotiation for nearly six months. It finally came together for the 50-year celebration of Barbie,” Katrina told IANS.

“Contrary to what people believe my Barbie is not an Indian counterpart of the international brand. It’s an honour because I’m the first Indian to be the face of Barbie. I’ll be dressed the way the Barbie is all over the world.

“And I think in many ways it’s an endorsement of how kids connect with me. You can’t be the face of an international doll unless kids like you. I like that. The thought that kids like me enough to make me a part of their doll collection is very gratifying,” the 24-year-old said.

The actress walked the ramp as the showstopper at a special show dedicated to Barbie at the Lakme Fashion Week here. She sported a small pink dress that the ‘Katrina Barbie’ will be wearing from September.

With the Barbie image coming to the surface, Katrina is a little worried about the bubbly-girl image that she’d like to change.

“So much for my attempts to move to more mature level as an actor,” laughed the actress. “I guess Prakash Jha’s ‘Rajneeti’ will take care of that. But I’m very happy being the clean healthy Barbie-girl next door.”

The doll’s look and dress were planned in collaboration with Katrina.

“It is quite something, if you think about it. But I’d rather not. I don’t want my head to get swollen. For me, it’s enough that I was chosen because I reflect a certain bubbly wholesome personality, quite contrary to the ’sexy’ tag that I get in net polls and which I’m not very comfortable with,” she said.

Apart from “Rajneeti”, Katrina’s other releases this year are debutant director Anthony D’Souza’s underwater thriller “Blue” and Yash Raj Films’ “New York”.

No comments:

Post a Comment